Saturday 23 March 2019

'THE ONLY RESIDENT OF THIS HOUSE IS THE GLOOMY HAWK'

Me
huddled here 
And my red cells flee
The game ended in nill
Never-existed memories on the road
on sale! 


It was a man
Heavy
On my eyelids.

No, it won't be over
All the mirrors show me the same
A locked room
The stone's falling down
Single-handed and barefoot
The day is just the surface! 

That parted memory
Tossing and turning 
Sing me lullaby
Is this the memory loss
Or I'm wounded? 
And nobody knows
The drizzle of salt
On that large basin.
The days are sick! 
Can you feel my pulse? 
And am I a memory joined to your veins?

Tired
Although they're playing the drums
As loudly as possible
But I'm deaf! 

The only resident of this house is the gloomy hawk.





(TRANSLATED  FROM ORIGINAL PERSIAN INTO ENGLISH BY THE AUTHOR)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Rosa Jamali is a Poet, Playwright, Translator and a Poetry Scholar

  Home Rosa Jamali's poetry-in-english The Shadow, a Play by Rosa Jamali Photo Gallery Interviews in English Translations into English T...