Saturday 23 March 2019

'LIKE A HANGED PITCHER'


Like a hanged pitcher,
No drink is pouring off me
It's natural to get numbed gradually.

Pig-headed seashells!
This boasting sky,
Is an anchor
which has fallen on my lap
This dizzy sky!
The moon's been cleared
A shadow's coming after me
Barefooted on my dreams
You used to run!

Enjoyed? !
Numbed? !

All my veins are connected to this land...

Like a hanged pitcher
Joyful of this sky
One day a huge whale swallowed it as a whole.

And it was over!
The Gulf was over!
You waved hands.

Like a hanged pitcher,
It's simple!
I lost the game
And gambled away...




(TRANSLATED FROM ORIGINAL PERSIAN INTO ENGLISH BY THE POET)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Rosa Jamali is a Poet, Playwright, Translator and a Poetry Scholar

  Home Rosa Jamali's poetry-in-english The Shadow, a Play by Rosa Jamali Photo Gallery Interviews in English Translations into English T...