Saturday 23 March 2019

THE BULL YEAR



1

1
rat is penetrating and squeaking sharply in my veins
Tigers have been silenced
Their claws clinging over the snow gradually...

2
It was doomed and dark
Like a metal shape
And slippery over the ice
It was badly dark and shadowy.

The creased moon has walked on my shade
I've buried the fish
The memory has been hanging from the ceiling.

This has existed
For centuries
Dubbs a puppet
And mimes a gesture.

The avalanche
Broken latticed twigs
Maybe an origami
Forgotten over the years
And gone, ...

3
The glass coffin behind the window
Time is not passing away
The shadow on the pot.

Who's shivering on the window...

I've buried yesterday
My fingers have been numbed in pins and needles
Gripped through the time.

No end for the clouds
The lines are totally dark
The mirror has been walking in me.

It's chewed the buttons of my dress.

A flock of crows flying
The earth is a worn-out corridor,

A mass of ants invaded my house
It's been raining for seven hundred years
A blind's coming
And this year is a bull year...

4
The rabbit moving on the left
Had intercourse with the snow
It's been a bloody intercourse,
The rabbit flowing in my veins.



Rosa Jamali

(TRANSLATED FROM ORIGINAL PERSIAN INTO ENGLISH BY THE POET) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Rosa Jamali is a Poet, Playwright, Translator and a Poetry Scholar

  Home Rosa Jamali's poetry-in-english The Shadow, a Play by Rosa Jamali Photo Gallery Interviews in English Translations into English T...