Saturday 23 March 2019

The Flintstone



The Flintstone(Translated From Original Persian To English) - Poem by Rosa Jamali

Block No.1:
A whole nation has created the kindling
Which owes you desperately
But it hasn’t been specified
Whether it’s the flintstone
Or A firestorm?

Block No.2:
A piece of my happiness is in debt with the flintstone
You’ve turned to the rocks
But it’s for the flintstone.


Block No.3:
I’m in debt with the flintstone
The whole world is in debt with the flintstone


Block No.4:
It has cast a spell
For all your desires
Behind the railing.

Block No.5:
I’m the mother of this flintstone
I’ve nourished it
I’ve shed tears on it
If the world is on fire
I’m the one to blame.


Block No.6:
I’ve betrayed the heaven above
God is disabled by it.


Block No.7:
And since then people have taken the vow of silence, …

'Dating Noah’s Son'/ 'Making coffee to Run a Crime Story' / Translated from Original Persian to English by the Author: Rosa Jamali 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Rosa Jamali is a Poet, Playwright, Translator and a Poetry Scholar

  Home Rosa Jamali's poetry-in-english The Shadow, a Play by Rosa Jamali Photo Gallery Interviews in English Translations into English T...